— Featured Experience
Sales & Marketing Specialist
- Mapping out and analyzing prospective customers by discovering discrepancies and pain points in their location data structure and Organic digital presence.
- New customer acquisition by cold calling, emailing, and educating the wider market via multichannel outreach.
- Covering a verticle segment for fuel retail and international sales development (EMEA).
- Collaborating with sales ops, marketing, and other various team functions.
- Ad hoc activities to help with talent acquisition & promotion for the Finnish market.
PinMeTo is a SaaS platform that connects multi-location brands with the biggest search, map, and social media platforms, letting them keep their business information up-to-date everywhere, manage their reviews, and maximize their social reach – all from one place.
Trusted by enterprise companies like H&M, 7-Eleven, and Hertz, PinMeTo is quickly becoming a global leader among location marketing and local SEO technologies.
Customer Success Associate
OCTOBER 2021 — March 2022
- Worked with a tier 1 enterprise fashion retail customer helping them to scale their creative production and paid social actions with Smartly.io tools. Some responsibilities included:
- Developing and maintaining knowledge and skills for Smartly.io tool and digital channels in general to be able to continuously solve problems for customers and provide best practices and consultative advice through day-to-day communication.
- Building rapport and collaborating effectively with customers, Smartly.io Customer Success Managers, partners, and across internal functions to maintain quick feedback loop.
- Operational tasks i.e ad campaign monitoring & troubleshooting, client communication liaison, providing product feature trainings, customer support shifts (4hrs/w), and any ad hoc tasks required.
Smartly.io automates every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity. With over $2.5B annual ad spend, we partner with the world’s leading brands to drive greater performance.
Our platform enables Creative and Performance teams to collaborate, produce, test and launch the best performing ads. With Smartly.io you can close the loop between planning, creating, launching and learning. You are able to move fast to scale creative testing, and run your whole advertising in an iterative manner – we make advertising easy, effective and enjoyable.
We are a global team of 600+ Smartlies across 17 office locations. Worldwide we help over 650 brands win the hearts and minds of their customers including Uber, Techstyle, and eBay.
Growth & Marketing Intern
- Optimization around account-based marketing, product marketing, and customer journey onboarding.
- Initiated and managed ongoing marketing activites, including (SEM, copywriting, email automation), as well as sales enablement ideation.
- Updated and improved the company website, blog, visual marketing & sales material, educational guides, and various advertisement copy and creatives assets.
- Focused on solving any internal and external bottlenecks related to growth.
This was a full-time 2-month intensive internship programme in collaboration with IcebreakerVC, a venture capital firm and community which helps to build strong tech companies. The internship programme via Icebreaker included weekly sprints in a collaborative learning environment to learn hands-on strategic “growth hacking” with iterative testing, and systematic problem-solving of various bottlenecks for the prospective handpicked startup (Logmore) from their portfolio. Key focus areas e.g: marketing, sales enablement, CX, and customer journey onboarding.
Logmore is a growing IoT logistics tech company helping firms minimize the amount of waste and ensure product safety during shipments by using an Internet of Things solution – QR data loggers connected to a cloud platform – which allows you to track location and condition data (including e.g, temperature, humidity, light and shocks). No matter what you are shipping – Logmore enables you to always know your shipment’s conditions. Here’s a blog article I wrote about this for the cosmetic industry.
Web Design & Marketing (Freelance)
- Built/designed responsive WP websites for various small businesses, included with copywriting and other marketing activities & material.
- Provided training and assistance around using CMS, digital marketing strategy & tactics.
- Implemented SEO (on & off-site + Local SEO).
- Overseeing website maintenance, analytics & performance.
- Optimizing sites for lead generation, and conversion.
About my freelance work:
I selectively work on freelance/side projects to challenge and expand my skill set. I also occasionally work with boutique agencies for collaboration projects. Agencies I’ve worked with: Atelier Digital Ltd (4+yrs), AuthorityWriting (2+yrs), and Acebo Ltd (6m).
Link to portfolio
Master’s in Economics and Business Administration @ University of Jyväskylä
Degree programme: Digital Marketing & Corporate Communication
Minors: Strategy & Experience Design @ Aalto University ITP Programme
Extra course: Cultural Planning & Creative Placemaking @ University of The Arts Helsinki
Bachelor’s in Tourism @ Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences
Specilization: Corporate Travel Management & Events
— Online courses
- Creative Foundational- Smartly.io
- Facebook Blueprint course – Facebook
- Mimic Pro Digital Marketing simulation – Stukent
- Local SEO examination – Semrush
- SEO Fundamentals – Semrush
- Inbound Marketing Fundamentals – Hubspot
- Google My Business – Google
- Google Ad Grants – Google
- Google Ads Fundamentals – Google
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals – Google
E.g: WordPress, Hubspot, Gsuite + Google Ads, GA basic, Hotjar, SEMrush, Facebook Ads, Smarlty.io, AdRoll, GetResponce, Mailchimp, Canva, Planhat, PipeDrive.
- Startup Funding Event
- WhyNot3 Entrepreneur Group
- Porvoo Jazz Festival
- Lattitude Global Volunteering
- Organizer of various music events
— Personal traits
People-oriented | Communication | Creative thinking & problem solving | Assessing the needs of others | Ambitious | Entrepreneurial | Adaptable to change | Prospective outlook | Networking | Cheerful & warm
I had a pleasure to work with Matthew at Smartly.io. Matthew is an exceptionally hard-working, humble and motivated professional, while still being able to speak up when needed. His communication skills are excellent and he especially shines when things get creative and a novel idea or solution is needed. He brings catching enthusiasm and energy to any group and is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo.
Matthew is a Creative with a capital C. Every situation spawns a stream of new, innovative ideas on presentation or solution, often accompanied by a mention “I actually know someone in [the scene or industry]”.
He’s also quite at home working in varying teams. During his internship, he participated in developing especially our marketing and customer experience, talking with different people all around to organization to get a proper understanding of what could be done, particularly to improve growth and through counter-intuitive thinking. People never minded, either, since Matthew shows real commitment to making a difference for the customer, and does it in a friendly, cheerful way.
I worked with Matt on various jazz-related web projects in the past, along with his help to work on client projects. Primarily used him because of his attitude to a work ethic I admired. Not one to quit anything he has a passion for adding to his dose of detail he adds to tasks or projects.
I’d happily recommend him for his digital mindset with a proactive customer-centric approach to his native thinking.
I’ll be working with him again soon on many new projects we have lined up.