Part-time / Freelance – Web Designer
Atelier Helsinki is a boutique digital agency, specialised in WordPress web design and online marketing. I’ve worked on a freelance basis, mainly working with WP, scoping projects, and working with various content to create websites for clients and agency projects.
- I learned how to create websites using WordPress, Divi being one of my specialised frameworks to use.
- Gained familiarization using Hubspot’s software.
- Co-established two website platform projects for AtelierHelsinki under the brand, JazzInterlude. The first site where I collected large amounts of data and venue information to build the TheJazzDirectory.
- The second site was for JazzCalendars where I created all web pages, collected venue information, acquired clients, liaised with venue owners, listed and updated gig listings for both the London site and the Sydney site.
Full-time Internship – MeetFinland & Matka Travel Fair
During the end of my studies, I worked as a project assistant to organize MeetFinland workshop event and Matka Travel fair, the largest travel trade show in the Nordics, held in Helsinki. There, I was responsible for communications between suppliers and buyers, promoting Finnish tourism destinations to foreign tour operators, host leader for a FAM trip to Tallinn and also serving as a fair stand representative.
- Gained hands-on experience and insight with b2b tourism marketing operations and gained leadership skills.
- Led a group of 6 foreign tour operator representatives for 3 days in Tallinn, Estonia. I planned and managed the itinerary for the pre & post tour as apart of the workshop event package.
Fulltime – Travel Assistant
As a travel assistant under a fixed term, my main responsibilities were to assist in the travel arrangements for UNU-WIDER’s 30th-anniversary conference, gathering high-profile international attendees, including Nobel prize keynote speakers. I managed and prepared travel authorizations with conformity under UN rules, co-ordinated with embassies and collected data on travel for reporting purposes.
- Managed over 90 accounts in 3-4 months to successfully organize UNU-WIDER’s 30th-anniversary event in Helsinki. Additionally, I also assisted with one smaller corporate event held in South Africa.
- Resolved cases with changes/challenges/problems and delivered on strict deadlines and last minute travel requests.
- Sourced and planned live music entertainment for UNU-WIDER’s 30th-anniversary event and also put forth ideas to contribute to the event planning.
- In this position, I learned extensive administrative and professional corporate communicational skills.
Bachelor – Tourism (Specialization: Corporate Travel Management)
During my studies, I developed professional skills and generic meta-competences needed in work life. Extensive teamwork, leadership, social and collaboration skills were a focal point, especially while working on real-life projects commisioned by companies in the industry. My degree focused on business tourism where sales and service in business tourism takes a central role, highlighting the operational environment, production of sales and services, communication skills and business and entrepreneurial skills. Innovative, project-based, enquiry learning was emphasised throughout the study experience at HH Porvoo campus.
Learning Outcomes & Achievements
- Bachelor thesis: Digital Marketing In The Travel & Tourism Industry (portfolio type thesis)
- Team leader and team member for 3 main semester international research projects: Matka fair, St.Peterline, and Hansel ltd.
- Gained customer insight
- Travel purchasing and selling processes as seen by buyers, suppliers and intermediaries
- Travel Management systems and tools
- Partnerships and networks
- Technology for sales and service
- Numerous opportunities to develop presentation skills and group work.