University of Jyväskylä
2018 – 2022 | Jyväskylä, Finland
Masters of Science in Economics and Business Administration
Degree Programme in Digital Marketing & Corporate Communications
Master’s thesis (link here)
2019 | Espoo, Finland
Master’s minor studies, Strategy & Experience Design, Information Technology (ITP)
2013 – 2017 | Porvoo, Finland
Bachelor’s Degree programme in Tourism
Specialization in Corporate Travel & Events Management
Professional Work Experience
Matthew (Roblin) Presley
Freelance Web design & Marketing
2014 – Present
On the side, I occasionally engage in various side projects/creative endeavours and freelance work – either solo, jointly with boutique agencies or with other entrepreneurs. My versatile skills encompass custom WordPress website design, copywriting, performance marketing, and business development growth. See my portfolio to learn more.
- Working with small businesses to support their overall marketing.
- Developed multiple websites for various SME clients.
- Utilized SEO strategies to position a small cleaning service business online resulting in a +60% increase in organic search rankings across their target locations and generating +$70,000 in revenue.
- Co-created a directory and gig listing site for Jazz venues & festivals.
- Collaborated with a small team of entrepreneurs to launch and scale a startup funding event held in 3 different European cities, bringing together startups and investors.
B2B Sales Development
July 2022 – Present | Helsinki, Finland
PinMeTo is a Swedish-based MarTech SaaS platform that connects multi-location brands with the biggest search, map, and social media platforms – all from one place. My industry focus is with eMobility & enterprise energy retailers: enabling them to control and manage online location data, achieve correct online network setups and maximise organic visibility to their POIs.
- New customer acquisition.
- Pipeline generation across EMEA & new markets.
- Helping build customer cases.
- Creating landing page, sales material,
- Crafting email copy & multi-touch sequences (account-based).
- Regular ad-hoc analysis on various product and industry topics / insights.
- Collaborating with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams.
Customer Success Associate
Oct 2021 – April 2022 | Helsinki, Finland
Smartly.io is a leading SaaS digital advertising platform, helping brands in optimizing their Social ad campaigns on major platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google. We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide, like H&M, L’Oreal, Warner Bros, Uber, Nestle, to better reach audiences, engage with creatives and learn what performs best.
• Helped clients navigate the product and troubleshoot technical issues.
• Assisted new client onboarding with training and guidance.
• Escalating complex issues to the support team / across internal functions.
• Collaborated with senior team members and provided regular client updates.
• Sent routine updates and reminders to clients as needed.
• Actively participated in training and development opportunities to enhance skills.
Product Marketing Intern
Feb 2021 – April 2022 | Helsinki, Finland
Logmore is Finnish SaaS startup with a goal to reduce global waste and ensuring product safety during shipments through location tracking and IoT, using QR data loggers connected to a cloud platform.
• Creation of onboarding & user journey flows.
• Improved educational resources and user guides.
• Content marketing (blog & newsletter).
• Creating ad copy and digital assets.
• PPC campaign management.
• Creating email outreach templates for the sales team.
• Collaborated with venture capital firm Icebreaker.vc “growth hacking” programme.
Destination & Events Marketing Intern
Sept 2016 – Mar 2017 | Helsinki, Finland
ToolBox Consulting specializes in enhancing the tourism industry and operations for service and travel companies worldwide. With a focus on internationalization and development, we offer tourism product development, strategic regional planning, and internationalization solutions, as well as research and survey projects, destination marketing channel development, and design services.
• Assisted in organizing the MeetFinland 2017 event jointly with MatkaTravel Fair, a premier annual industry travel trade show event in Finland.
• Coordinated with suppliers and buyers for tour development packaging.
• Actively promoted Finnish destinations to foreign tour operators and assisted in their travel arrangements.
• Managing new and existing customer data via CRM system.
• Led a guided “FAM” trip of tour operator representatives to Tallinn, Estonia, taking sole responsibility for the group’s management and coordination.
Travel Management Assistant
July 2015 (4m) and May 2018 (6m) | Helsinki, Finland
United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research, is a think tank, research institute, and UN agency – providing a range of services from policy advice to governments as well as freely available original research coordinated by researchers and undertaken by a global network of collaborators.
• Ensuring smooth travel experiences for UN personnel to international conference events.
• Contact person and liaison between internal and external stakeholders.
• Procured air tickets in alignment with UNU-WIDER’s travel regulations.
• Coordinated with embassies to facilitate visa acquisition for travelers.
• Prepared travel authorizations in strict adherence to established UN protocols.
• Proactively handled challenging and time-sensitive cases that surfaced during travel and event days.
• Reviewed travel claims and supporting documents to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
• Took on the role of project coordinator for entertainment programs during UN events.
Working with Matthew has been a great experience. He’s brilliant at copywriting and fantastic at putting himself in the prospect’s shoes to understand their needs and language. Always willing to learn and contribute, Matthew brought energy and ideas to all of the work we did together. Not afraid to take risks and challenge the status quo of how we did things – Mathew’s contribution allowed our team to excel, grow and hit necessary targets.
I had a pleasure to work with Matthew at Smartly.io. Matthew is an exceptionally hard-working, humble and motivated professional, while still being able to speak up when needed. His communication skills are excellent and he especially shines when things get creative and a novel idea or solution is needed. He brings catching enthusiasm and energy to any group and is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo.
Matthew is a Creative with a capital C. Every situation spawns a stream of new, innovative ideas on presentation or solution, often accompanied by a mention “I actually know someone in [the scene or industry]”.
He’s also quite at home working in varying teams. During his internship, he participated in developing especially our marketing and customer experience, talking with different people all around to organization to get a proper understanding of what could be done. People never minded, either, since Matthew shows real commitment to making a difference for the customer, and does it in a friendly, cheerful way.