I’M MATT ROBLIN
WELCOME TO MY INTERACTIVE RESUME
A lifelong learner, creative idealist, campaigner and advocate for those to collaborate. I use this site to showcase my experience and share some of the various side-projects I’ve worked on. If you’re interested in my professional work, you might want to check out my resume or freelance services. If you’re looking for my non-profit work that’s over at WhyNot3, where I serve on the core team. Have a look around, discover more and let’s connect together!
Seeking to be inspired, to envision the unlikely, to work hard for things that are worth it, and to be surrounded by those who bring out the best in me. I aim to help others and be apart of a challenging environment where I can serve the organization, learn, grow and establish an enjoyable career.
phone : +358 44 242 0914
Music - Listening and performing
Excersice and enjoying the outdoors
Travel, exploring, people and places
Relaxing in Sauna
Originally from Canada with dual Irish citizenship, residing in Finland. Alumni of Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences. Admitted student to Masters degree studies in Digital Marketing & Corporate Communications.
I’m an eager learner and doer in all areas – I am the kind of person who aims to gets stuff done and who’s also very creative. I have a curious and observant mind, happy-at-work attitude, I consider myself empathic, intuitive and always ready to help when needed.
My friends would say that my most visible personality trait is sociable, polite and friendly, compassionate, flexible, a bit spontaneous, imaginative, honest, easy to be around and to work with, along with a good sense of witty humour. And I reckon they’d be right! I tend to think from the perspective of others and try to bring the best out of them, while mutually and warmly connecting.
Looking to gather some more insight about me? Check out this interview article published for Finnish Chamber of Commerce, Trade Association (
“Growth is never by mere chance; it is a result of working together.” – James Cash Penny
A little summary… I’ve lived and travelled to many countries gaining a variety of experience. While abroad I met my now fiancé Hanna-Riikka and together we live in Porvoo. I moved to Finland in 2013 with the goal of establishing formal education and growing my relationship.
My career goal is to be a part of a team that is passionate about creating, solving problems and connecting with people who resonate with the firm’s products and services. I am not limited to any particular location or niche, however, I am ideally seeking suitable long-term opportunities with room to learn and grow.
My professional interests include business strategy and operations, marketing and advertising, client and user acquisition, consumer behaviour, web design & UX, sales and communications, service design, events, global distribution, and sustainable development.
Current status: Student / Freelance
Atelier Helsinki is a boutique digital agency, specialised in WordPress web design and online marketing. I’ve worked on a freelance basis, scoping projects, mainly working with WordPress and working with various content to create websites for clients and agency projects.
- Learned how to create websites in WordPress, Divi being my specialised framework to use.
- Co-established two AtelierHelsinki website platform projects under our brand, JazzInterlude. The first site where I collected large amounts of data and venue information to build TheJazzDirectory.
- The second site was for JazzCalendars where I created all web pages, collected venue information, acquired clients, liaised with venue owners, listed and updated gig listings for both the London site and the Sydney site.
Toolbox-Travel Marketing & Consulting | Sept 2016 – March 2017 Helsinki, Finland |
During the end of my studies, I worked as a project assistant to organize MeetFinland workshop event and Matka Travel fair, the largest travel trade show in the Nordics, held in Helsinki. There, I was responsible for communications between suppliers and buyers, preparing marketing material, promoting Finnish tourism destinations to foreign tour operators, host leader for a FAM trip to Tallinn and also serving as a fair stand representative.
- Gained practical experience and insight with b2b tourism marketing operations and gained leadership skills.
- Served as tour host leading a group of 6 foreign tour operator representatives for 3 days in Tallinn, Estonia. I co-planned and managed the itinerary for the pre & post tour as apart of the workshop event package.
As a travel assistant under a fixed term temporary position, my main responsibilities were to assist in the travel arrangements for UNU-WIDER’s 30th-anniversary conference, gathering high-profile international attendees, including Nobel prize keynote speakers. I managed and prepared travel authorizations with conformity under UN rules, co-ordinated with embassies and collected data on travel for reporting purposes.
- Managed over 90 accounts in 3-4 months to successfully organize UNU-WIDER’s 30th-anniversary event in Helsinki. Additionally, I also assisted with one smaller corporate event held in South Africa.
- Resolved cases with changes/challenges/problems and delivered on strict deadlines and last minute travel requests.
- Sourced and planned live music entertainment for UNU-WIDER’s 30th-anniversary event and also put forth ideas to contribute to the event planning.
- In this position, I learned extensive administrative and professional corporate communicational skills.
Masters – Digital Marketing & Corporate Communications (Masters of Science in Economics and Business Administration)
- Acceptance into the DMCC programme starting September 2018
- Bachelor thesis: Digital Marketing In The Travel & Tourism Industry (portfolio type thesis)
- Team leader and team member for 3 main semester international research projects: Matka fair, St.Peterline, and Hansel ltd.
- Gained customer insight
- Travel purchasing and selling processes as seen by buyers, suppliers and intermediaries
- Travel Management systems and tools
- Partnerships and networks
- Technology for sales and service
- Numerous opportunities to develop presentation skills and group work.
During my studies, I developed professional skills and generic meta-competences needed in work life. Extensive teamwork, leadership, social and collaboration skills were a focal point, especially while working on real-life projects commisioned by companies in the industry. My Bachelor studies focused on business tourism where sales and service in business tourism takes a central role, highlighting the operational environment, production of sales and services, communication skills and business and entrepreneurial skills. Innovative, project-based, enquiry learning was emphasised throughout the study experience while at HH Porvoo campus.